Phuket, Thailand – The Regional Worshop of Green Public Procurement and Eco-labeling was recently held at Dusit Laguna Hall, Dusit Thani Thani Laguna Phuket. The island’s Governor, Mr. Maitri Inthusut, also attended to greet all the 60 delegates from ASEAN countries.
The event was held in conjunction with the German International Cooperation; The Pollution Control Department; the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, Thailand; United Nations Environmental Programme and the German Ministry for the Environment Natural Conservation and Nuclear Safety.
The workshop started with a welcome speech by Mr.Wichien Jungrungruang (4th from left), Director General of the Pollution Control Department, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, Thailand.
The 2-day workshop was scheduled with the following specific objectives:
- To expand existing eco-labels in Thailand and in select countries in Southeast Asia to cover climate protection criteria
- To strengthen Green Public Procurement in Thailand
- To disseminate new Green Public Procurement strategies
- To share the good practice and lessons learnt in Green Public Procurement
- To share the good practice and lesson learnt in Eco-labeling
- To present the current regional and international initiatives in support of Green Public Procurement and Eco-labeling
For more information, visit http://www.thai-german-cooperation.info/eco-labelling.html
- Mr. Peter Komposch (1st from left), General Manager of Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket
- Mr. Thomas Lehmann (2nd from left), Project Director, the Sustainable Consumption and Production for Low Carbon Economy - Low Emissions Public Procurement and Eco-Labeling (SCP4LCE) project, German International Cooperation (GIZ)
- Ms. Araya Nuntapotidech (3rd from left), Deputy Director General, Pollution Control Department, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, Thailand
- Mr. Wichien Jungrungruang (4th from left), Director General, Pollution Control Department, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, Thailand
- Mr. David Oberhuber (1st from right), Country Director in Thailand, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
- Dr. Stefanos Fotiou (2nd from right), Senior Regional Coordinator, United Nations Environment Programme. (UNEP)
- Dr. Ulf Jaeckel (3rd from right), Representative from the German Federal Ministry of Environment. Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU), Germany
- Mr. Sarapol Pattanee (4th from right), Deputy Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment
Ms Bhatara Amornrattanakij
Marketing Communications & Public Relations Manager
Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket
Tel: +66 (0)7636 2999