Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket press releases
Regional Workshop Green Public Procurement and Eco-labeling
30 May, 2013
Phuket, Thailand – The Regional Worshop of Green Public Procurement and Eco-labeling was recently held at Dusit Laguna Hall, Dusit Thani Thani Laguna Phuket. The island’s Governor, Mr. Maitri Inthusut, also attended to greet all the 60 delegates from ASEAN countries.
The event was held in conjunction with the German International Cooperation; The Pollution Control Department; the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, Thailand; United Nations Environmental Programme and the German Ministry for the Environment Natural Conservation and Nuclear Safety.
The workshop started with a welcome speech by Mr.Wichien Jungrungruang (4th from left), Director General of the Pollution Control Department, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, Thailand.
The 2-day workshop was scheduled with the following specific objectives:
- To expand existing eco-labels in Thailand and in select countries in Southeast Asia to cover climate protection criteria
- To strengthen Green Public Procurement in Thailand
- To disseminate new Green Public Procurement strategies
- To share the good practice and lessons learnt in Green Public Procurement
- To share the good practice and lesson learnt in Eco-labeling
- To present the current regional and international initiatives in support of Green Public Procurement and Eco-labeling
For more information, visit http://www.thai-german-cooperation.info/eco-labelling.html
Ms Bhatara Amornrattanakij
Marketing Communications & Public Relations Manager
Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket
Tel: +66 (0)7636 2999