Dusit Hospitality Management School
More than half a century of dedication to hospitality knowledge
After Honorary Chairperson Thanpuying Chanut Piyaoui opened the Princess hotel in Bangkok in 1948, she quickly realised the importance of developing and nurturing homegrown hospitality talent, saying at the time, ‘If Thailand is to be among the world's leaders in the hotel and hospitality industry, the education and training of staff would be of the highest importance.’
Over the years, Thanpuying Chanut worked hard to honour this commitment, laying the foundation that eventually led to the opening of the first hospitality management school: Dusit Thani College in 1993. This pioneering project; The Hosipitality Management School, was recognised by the Thai Ministry of Education as the first higher education institution to offer hospitality education and training in Southeast Asia, offering bachelor's degrees in hotel, kitchen, and travel industry management. In 2009 Dusit Thani College initiated a joint programme with the Lyceum of the Philippines University to prepare young people for an exciting career in hospitality services and hotel management.
In 2007, Dusit continued its foray into education by entering into a joint venture with Le Cordon Bleu, the world's leading hotel and culinary education institution. The resulting Le Cordon Bleu Dusit Culinary School is the first school of its kind in Southeast Asia, providing training that adheres to international standards conducted in the most advanced culinary facilities equipped with the latest kitchen technology and design. Also in association with Le Cordon Bleu, Dusit Thani College offers an international Bachelor of Business Administration Programme in Culinary Arts and Restaurant Management.
Dusit Thani College
Dusit Thani College opened its doors in June 1993. Since then, students have received extensive theoretical and practical training from Asia's most advanced hospitality educational institute.
The main objectives of Dusit Thani College are:
- To be a highly professional educational institute producing graduates who can successfully pursue their chosen careers with appropriate professional skills in keeping with international standards
- To provide academic services by using the technology at its disposal for the benefits of society
- To be an institute whose students uphold moral standards and preserve the cultures and traditions of society
- To promote research and academic development
Our Hospitality Managment school, Dusit Thani College, provides five Bachelor's Degree Programmes in Thai, and two International Bachelor's Degree Programs in English:
Bachelor’s Degree Program (Thai Program):
- B.B.A. in Hotel and Resort Management
- B.B.A. in Culinary Arts and Kitchen Management
- B.B.A. in Tourism Management
- B.B.A. in Spa Management
- B.B.A. in MICE and Event Management
International Bachelor’s Degree Program (English):
- B.B.A. in Hotel and Resort Management (With the academic certification of Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne)
- B.B.A. in Culinary Arts and Restaurant Management (A joint degree with Le Cordon Bleu)
The Master's Degree Programme currently offers:
- M.B.A. in Hotel and Restaurant Management
For further information please visit the Dusit Thani College website: www.dtc.ac.th
Le Cordon Bleu Dusit Culinary School
Dusit and Le Cordon Bleu formed a partnership which jointly established the Le Cordon Bleu Dusit Culinary School next to Dusit Thani Bangkok and introduced an international Bachelor's of Business Administration in Culinary Arts and Kitchen Management programme at Dusit Thani College.
For further information, please visit the Le Condon Bleu Dusit Culinary School website at: www.cordonbleudusit.com